Thursday, August 04, 2005

more traveling

this weekend we get to travel from spokane to grants pass. on the way (thursday at 4 pm?!) we'll go to angela's wedding in corvallas. it'll be good to see grandma again.

we're on the go for the house purchase. The lender got ticked about a 2500$ deductable on the house insurance, so we bumped that to $1000. The sellers signed the adendum granting us 20% of our realators fee to be used in our downpayment (our agent wrote a letter pleading for them to reconsider, as it was the same amount of money out of their pockets) and it worked out. Jen's dad is awesome.

I'm well on track to finish the video projector after we move in, (i got some more tools, a skill saw, finish blade, and drill) and i believe my next project will be a 3 (maybe 4) axis cnc machine. i think i'll pickup keith's flag from a few years ago: you got any notes for me?

4 Comments:

Blogger k2h said...

my notes are pretty slim, but since I work in an area that has some homegrown motion devices I may be albe to give you an idea where to start looking for leadscrews and steppers. there are some kind of expensive stepper drivers but those should be pretty cheap to make.

i'm super glad you guys got that 20% that was due to you.

8/08/2005 10:53:00 AM  
Blogger forkev said...

the 20% showed up in the form of paying one of our lenders nearly the 1% required for the loan (which of the 2000$, 1551$ or so was covered by the seller. awesome. that saves money in my pocket.

8/09/2005 03:49:00 PM  
Blogger forkev said...

what on earth! a comments spam.
cool.

8/10/2005 07:42:00 AM  
Blogger k2h said...

I think blogger.com is starting to actually be into google searches (try searching for your site) you use to only see the profile of the person but now the blog and posts are showing up.

on a side note, I read yahoo has 20 billions entrys and google only has 8 or 10 billion. on this alone when I have been unable to find something I am now mirror searching with yahoo to backup google.

8/10/2005 07:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home