Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Link --> ImageShack

Imageshack rocks.
k2h turned me on to it. a fast simple way of hosting images. no bells, no frills, no problems.
looks like i've already violated the tos/ user agreement.
i zipped, renamed, uploaded and transported a file.
hmm. that's not allowed.
what surprised me is that it let me do it and it did NOT read the header info from the image and delete files based on BAD headers immediatly.
i realize stenography (one form implemented: saving files inside graphics) would be harder to detect... but it just let me do it flagrently and didn't complain.
i've lost the link to the file.
maybe there is a sweeper service that runs ever 24h or something.

2 Comments:

Blogger k2h said...

if you lost the link your a moron. jen tells me if you take out an account it will keep track of the links to your 'graphics'. in your case I had to use the '' marks.

so clarify.. did you lose the link, or is the file/pic no longer loading?

1/12/2005 06:18:00 PM  
Blogger forkev said...

I do not know if the file is still there.
It persisted for the 15 minutes I needed it (transfering a file to someone on irc) and I did not keep the informatino so I cannot check the status of the file.

1/13/2005 07:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home