Wednesday, July 26, 2006

tough

it's 2am and oscar the cat (who is grouchy at times) found a mouse to play with. not kill. play with.

after twenty minutes of watching him chase it around and snarl at it, I started hitting it across the room into the wall with a remaining 18" of shovel handel we put behind the sliding door. not just a wake up hit. a death blow. we're talking bouncing off the far wall hard, and this little mouse keeps walking away from it. I wish I was that tough.

I saw his toughness and raised him one plastic sour cream container in the trash.

we'll just hope alodia does not find him in the trash and start screeming. i'm pretty sure he'll live off the remaining sour cream in there and still be kicking around for several days.

poor oscar is still scouring the house looking for his toy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

it is curious that both you and keith throw away live mice thinking they'll live off of the trash until... i presume you think they'll survive for the dump.

7/26/2006 07:15:00 AM  
Blogger forkev said...

accused by a co-worker of being 'sick' for hurting the mouse and not killing it, I defended myself by concluding I really am not a killer. Alodia has a great story of a mouse being chased by a hammer, but certainly not at our house.

7/26/2006 10:12:00 AM  
Blogger k2h said...

I am not a killer either, and thus subscribe to the 'live in the trash' theory as well. I have plenty of 'good eats' in there, and it has WAYYYYYYYYY more room than that squashed little area under the stove where it likes to hide anyway.

I can't help it is suppose to get to 106F outside today. Thats gotta be like a nice steam sauna for the little guy inside the trash can. he probably loves it.

7/26/2006 11:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home